Monday, August 22, 2011

Random Thoughts

Random Thoughts for the day:

-First, I hate it when people use the word "random." I don't know why. I also hate ''awkward.'' It's overused, and half the time things aren't really all that awkward.

-I was listening to a Missy Elliott song the other day, and one of the lyrics in the song is "from the V-A to the L-A coast." I realized that I'm on the exact opposite end of the country from my hometown in Fairfax, VA. So, thanks, Missy. Cool realization.

-I was talking with a friend the other day about the guys we've dated, and I realized that I don't have a "type." At all. From the boys I liked in high school to the guys I've dated in college, they're all extremely different. I've dated a 6'3" Jewish debate captain, a 5'8" education major, a 6'5" linebacker that now works for the government, and a 5'10" business major/pilot to name a few.

-Lately I've been addicted to Mad Men. It's on Netflix instant play, and I've watched almost all four seasons. I'm fascinated by this show. I love everything about it. I love the writing, the costumes, and the sets, but most of all, I love the women. I especially love Joan Holloway. She's my idol. She is the perfect combination of sex appeal, smarts, and vulnerability. And she's a redhead with hips...

-Google maps has severely underestimated my power-walking. A route that was supposed to take me an hour and 10 minutes to walk only took me 50 minutes.

-I find myself wanting to swear a lot more since I've been out here. I usually don't swear at all, and I mean at all. But, lately these words just keep popping up in my head even when I'm not talking to anyone. No bueno.

-Bright side: my French in improving. I don't know when it happened, but I've been remembering a lot of the French I learned in high school/college. It's really strange. The other day I had a whole two-part conversation with myself in my head in perfect French.

-There was an earthquake in Virginia today. The irony? I'm in California, the most earthquake- prone state in the Union, and my hometown gets an earthquake.

-I think I'm getting too independent for my own good. I spend most of my days walking around LA alone, and I love it. This isn't to say that I don't love hanging out with my friends out here, but I love being able to walk around and do what I want without having to worry about making other people happy or having someone to answer to. Hopefully once my internship starts, though, I'll be better.

-Speaking of which- I got an internship. At least, I got my first internship. I'm still not sure whether or not I'm going to get another one. I might just stick with one for now. Anyways, it's with Odd Lot Entertainment. I'm so, so, so excited to start there.

-I've seen No Strings Attached at least 12 times since I've moved to LA. I'm fascinated with this movie. I don't know why; it's really a terrible show all around, but I can't get enough of it. I don't recommend it to anyone. In fact, I'd ask you not to waste your time watching it. This is my burden to bear alone.

-I've lived here for almost a month now, and I'm still not afraid of walking around at night. Everyone tells me this is stupid, and I believe them. I think I'm pushing my luck walking around at night by myself, but I can't help it. Ever since started running at night in Virginia, the night has no affect on me (in most situations...I'm not stupid).



Anyway- just some of the stuff I've had on my mind recently.

That's all I got.

No comments: