Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Monuments

Today is a big day.

-Today I baked for the first time in about two weeks. Anyone who knows me knows that this is big. It felt so good.
-Today I got my first (temporary) receptionist job. It's for tomorrow and Friday at a sports entertainment corporation. The best part: it's on Santa Monica Blvd. and Ocean Avenue. It's literally right on the waterfront in Santa Monica. That means I will be able to walk outside and be on the beach. This also means that as of Friday afternoon I will have more money than when I came to California. I like all of these things.
-Today I found blonde streaks in my hair. Not really light red, blonde. I need to dye this hair fast.
-Today was the first time I drew blood in over a month. I tripped on a sidewalk crack while I was running and got a big gash in my hip, a cut on my knee, and a big bruise on my right forearm.
-Today I started reading Bossypants by Tina Fey. I love that woman with all of my heart. I highly recommend this book, and I'm only on page 55.
-Today was the first time I didn't have to look up a place on Google maps before I walked there. By the way, Google maps has absolutely saved my life while I've been here. That, and GPS.

This is probably the biggest one. This is actually the first time I've written about this where people could see it, and I don't know if now is even the right time. Anyway, I've been "seeing" someone for a while now. "Seeing" doesn't sound like the right word; I don't know what the right word is. I've been "slightly more than hanging out" with someone for almost four months now. Four months. I just realized this today. We had our first "date" on March 29th, back in Idaho, and we've been "slightly more than hanging out" ever since. It's really unusual for me, actually, to stay in this kind of relationship this long. Usually I get bored, or I don't want to commit, or I feel like my independence is being stepped on, so I leave, but not this time. I'm not saying this one is the one or anything; it's just funny to me that I woke up and realized it had been four months. So, heres to four more?

That's really all that's happened today. LA is beginning to feel more like home even though I'm still technically living out of a suitcase. I think as soon as I get my own place it'll feel permanent. I can't wait. In the back of my head I still can't believe I'm here. I've been so incredibly blessed. I already have a source of income, I have an amazing friend who's let me crash at her place free of charge (for now, at least), I have other friends/family less than an hour away, and I have a family who trusts that I'm doing the right thing, which is huge to me. I've had a alot, and I mean a lot of prayers answered since I've been here. I don't want to go overboard, but it would be stupid of me to take all the credit. There's no way I could make it this far without some divine intervention. The fact that I'm here in the situation I'm in, with the opportunities I have, is a miracle. I'm really, really grateful.

Alright, that's all I got.



No comments: