Thursday, July 22, 2010

Poli Sigh.

As I type this, I'm 2,500 words into a joint essay on

1. Why states choose to abide by international norms even when there is no official governing body coercing them to do so.

2. The theoretical solution to Islamic fundamentalism/ terrorism as outlined by the 9/11 Commission Report and Mearsheimer/Walts' "The Israel Lobby."

With every. single. effing. word I type I'm more and more glad I became an English major. I can't even imagine what my college career would be like if I hadn't. Actually, I don't know why I didn't make the switch earlier. Granted, I love learning about theories and government and politics, but my gosh- being one of those kids who would sell their first born to work on a campaign and have crushes on Dick Cheney - I couldn't do it. I'm barely able to stomach these essays. I'll be so glad when this class is over, and my official career as a political science student is done, at least academically.


Anyways, there it is.


No comments: