Sunday, July 4, 2010

C'est Parfait.

This blog is going to seem like a jumbled mess with no real point to it, but I have write it all down before I lose my enthusiasm, because tonight, my friends, is one of those perfect nights that only comes around once in a blue moon. Granted, when I say perfect, I mean a very specific kind of perfect. There are different kinds, I think, like 'holiday' perfect or 'first date' perfect, but this one is the most complete of the 'perfects.' There are no expectations for how things are supposed to go for the remainder of the evening, and no hopes for the future than could be dashed. It depends solely on myself, and being completely content with everything around me.

I woke up today around 12:30, which I never, ever do. Ever. I got ready for church, which consisted of little more than a shower, a dress, and some mascara, then Ashley and I went to sacrament meeting. Our sacrament meeting was perfect. There weren't a lot of people there, and the testimonies were very sincere. After church, I walked over to the MC, which was completely empty, and wrote for about an hour. I also got a chance to read a few talks by general authorites. After reading/writing, I talked to Caitie over skype for another hour. I forgot how much I miss her. We talked about everything from Iceland to boys to how crazy it is that we're going to be mothers one day (which, by the way, is mind-blowing if you really think about it).
After that, I went home to find Eric Stephens! We shot the breeze for a while, planned the revolution that is our fight against the 'city hall' of Rexburg Housing, and then he left. Then I had some dinner, read a little, watched part of La Vie en Rose (Marion Cotillard is a goddess, by the way, and watching her as Edith Piaf completely broke my heart). The next two hours consisted of a power-nap, a conversation with my brother and a few other friends, and watching one of my favorite guilty pleasures, Charlie's Angels (not the semi-classic series with Farrah Fawcett, the campy one with Cameron Diaz). Right now, I'm sitting on the couch. It's 12:08 am, I have no homework due, tomorrow is a holiday, the door is half-cracked with a gorgeous night outside, and Thelma and Louise is on TV.

La vie est belle. La vie, c'est parfait.


No comments: