Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorializing

This post is dedicated to the men and women of the armed forces on this grand Memorial Day.

I want to say 'thank you' for all the sacrifices you make for me, for my family, and for your families.

I come from a long line of military service. All 3 of my grandfathers served in WWII, one in the Navy, one earning a Purple Heart, and one serving as a medic in Iwo Jimo at the age of 19. They're some of the most incredible men I know, and their stories are even more incredible.

My father has served in the military for the past 25+ years. He's served in 2 wars and completed his 4th tour in the Middle East last year. He's made countless sacrifices, and gone through more than any human should ever have to, and I'm eternally grateful for everything he's done.

I love him, and I'm more than proud to call him 'Papa.'

Happy Memorial Day.
Never forget.

No comments: