Saturday, April 18, 2009

Reunited and it Feels So Good

So I'm finally back in Rexburg! It's so weird being back. I feel like I've been waiting to forever to get back and it's still a surprise that I'm actually here. I feel like I've been going non-stop since I've been here, just going from apartment to store to gym to friend's house to library and back again. It's so nice seeing everyone again, though, and being around campus.
So it all started when we (me and my ride) left from Salt Lake. Right off the bat we find out that we've lived in the same apartment, same room, and same bed (at different times). The drive seemed like it took forever. I forgot how long it takes... We would've made it in record time if we didn't get pulled over 15 minutes out of Rexburg. From there I met up with Caitie and we messed around in town for a while, eating Honey Nut Scooters and Pop Tarts in Porter Park and then back to her place to watch Twilight, with a stop at the gym in between.
The next day I finally started moving all my stuff into the apartment. It's so surreal being back in Nauvoo House. I thought I was done with them, but whatcha gonna do... Anyways I moved in, met two of the roommates, and then ran some errands before going to see Push with Caitie and 27 guys all named Justin. The movie's not half bad. Who knew Dakota Fanning could hold her alcohol so well. Afterwards though- probably the best part of the day. I met up with Rachel and did laundry for an hour or two. We were both so out of it by that point we were laughing at anything and everything. I don't even remember half our conversation. The best part, though, is meeting Rachel dressed completely in sweats, hair in a bun, with tons of sheets in her hand standing under a streetlight on the sidewalk, looking like the biggest creep I've ever seen in my life. Seriously, if I was a girl walking around Rexburg and I saw this 'thing' I would have STEERED CLEAR. Easily the best part of my day, besides seeing Steve and Andy! I missed those guys... all the random stories...and head rubs... Just like old times.

Well that's Rexburg so far, and so far so good.

Quote of the Day: "You'll never leave footprints in the sands of time if you're always sitting, and no one wants to make butt-prints in the sands of time."

No comments: