Tuesday, June 22, 2010

In "Like"

It's been an exceptionally good week.
Here's some stuff that's made it, you know, exceptionally good....

1. Being an English major. I love it. I love having an excuse to write and read. I also like not being a Political Science major anymore, although it was fun while it lasted. I thought I'd have an identity crisis when I switched, but it's been one of the best decisions I've ever made. Scholastically, at least.

2. "Walls" by Beck. I found the song again after a year of not having it on my iPod. I don't know how I've lived without it. I've had it on repeat for about a day now. Also included under this is Beck's entire musical catalogue. The man is a genius.

3. Running around Rexburg. The weather is perfect and the sky is so much clearer than in Virginia. Running around here at night, especially in the Summer, is really therapeutic.

4. The World Cup. I don't think I need to elaborate on that one...

5. My Mac. After 3 years with my Dell (RIP) it's nice not to have to wait 5 minutes for my computer to boot up. I sort of felt like a sell-out when I first bought it, but it's my new best friend.

6. Good books. There are so many I want to read. This 7 week break is going to be stupid with reading.

7. Online shopping. I never shop online, but this past week I bought an old Rugby shirt and now I'm perma-excited for it to show up.

8. Baking. I got my family's cookie recipe a couple weeks ago, and I haven't looked back since. I've also been named the official baker of the David O. McKay Reading Center.

9. Summer. I never used to be one of those people that loved Summer. I actually prefer Fall. But, this Summer's been pretty tight so far. I love my classes, my job, my friends, the weather, all of it. Plus I get to hang out with the family all over the West coast and go to Europe in August. I really couldn't ask for more.

10. Fall semester. I decided to stay in Rexburg instead of going to LA for the internship because of some money/timing issues, and I'm feeling pretty good about it. It's gonna be a riot. A real scream!


I'll leave it at 10 for now. There's plenty more where that came from.


No comments: