Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Normal List Pt. I

One of my biggest worries about going on a mission, other than the constant rejection and the fact that I won't have a lazy moment for the next 18 months, is coming back. There's a lot of anxiety attached to coming back to regular life after living in a hyper-spiritualized environment for an extended period of time. And, while I know that I'm not going to come back a better version of myself than the one than left, I kind of like who I am now, know what um sayin?

SO, I've created a list of things I need to see/listen to within the first 72 hours of my return to get me back to normal. I've enlisted the help of a few key friends to help slap me back to normal as well.

Here it is...

What to watch:

1. The Social Network
2. One Fine Day
3. Inglourious Basterds
4. Drive (edited)
5. Tron
6. The Hunger Games
7. Five Year Engagement
8. Every episode of How I Met Your Mother
9. Every episode of Breaking Bad
10. Every episode of Mad Men

What to Listen to:

1. The Suburbs - Arcade Fire
2. Brothers - The Black Keys
3. Treats - Sleigh Bells
4. Teen Dream - Beach House
5. Yankee Hotel Foxtrot -Wilco
6. Merriweather Post Pavillion - Animal Collective
7. Burst Apart - The Antlers
8. Keep it Hid - Dan Auerbach
9. The Execution of All Things - Rillo Kiley
10. Wounded Rhymes - Lykke Li

Others: Bon Iver, Florence and the Machine, Dark was the Night, Twilight soundtracks, Ryan Adams, etc.

What to do:

1. Go to a concert
2. Go to Los Angeles
3. Eat at Chipotle
4. Chug a 2 liter of Diet Pepsi
5. Stay up for 72 hours straight
6. Go to a gym
7. Hug a man
8. Get a job.
9. Get a mohawk
10. Wear jeans.


There's more where this came from.


No comments: