Saturday, December 11, 2010

Trophy Case

So, I was talking to my dad the other day over the phone, and we were talking about his contributions to the home decor. All the kids have portraits on the walls, works of art on the fridge, etc, but my dad doesn't have anything up on the walls except his 'Operation Iraqi Freedom' flag, which he got from his second tour.
We got to talking and came to the conclusion that we should get him a Rehab Trophy Case. It would hold everything he's earned from his three stints in rehab- punctuality awards, finger-paints from art therapy, pictures of him and his Scrabble buddies, etc.
I'm writing this down for two reasons- one, because I never knew when my dad going to rehab was going to become funny, or if it was every going to become funny. The fact that we can joke about it is a load off my mind.
The second reason if I'm thinking of writing a story about it. I don't know why, but I think it's an interesting idea.
Anyways, there it is. Take this as a memo to myself.

There was something else I wanted to write down so I'd remember it, but I can't remember what it is...

"You're one shirt away from Carlton, mofo."

1 comment:

Robert stokes said...

Mazes and Monsters is a far out game